Tuesday 17 August 2010

Soft corner


A creamy dessert that picks any one up would have to be the soft serve vanilla cream cone colloquially referred to as ‘Softy’.

What is it?

It’s a delicious concoction of vanilla cream swirled, twirled and peaked to perfection onto a crisp wafer cone.

Softies are rich and creamy, never too sweet nor too bland, not ice cold enough that it will temporarily give you brain freeze; but just the right consistency of velvety, cooling comfort to calm tepid tongues and tempestuous temperaments.


For those moments when it's not words or objects that you crave, but that child-like experience where you ardently believe that the taste of whipped vanilla cream can make anything and everything so much better than it already is.

I have memories of eating only vanilla softies; never the other flavored softies like chocolate, strawberry or pistachio, simply because it never gave me that heightened feeling of sweetness.

A signature softy is thus synonymous with vanilla & nothing else.

Whenever I'm down, need an instant 'feel good' feeling, but don't have the resources to splurge on decadent desserts; i meander through the madding masses on busy streets, stopping only at corners replete with softy vending machines, to treat myself to vanilla softies.

What can i say?

I'm a 'softy'.

1 comment:

  1. So yuhummy. I'm going to go have one tomorrow.

    This is the kind of soft that can really get a certain class of people hard. Crude, I know. But I've seen it happen. And sometimes that can be fun too. :P

    ReplyDelete