Thursday 30 September 2010

Judge the mood by the book

We all love reading. We read to pass time, we read when we are bored, we read to learn and we read sometimes, just like that. But have you ever felt that reading might be responsible for your mood?

I have been reading the Millennium Trilogy over the past few weeks and while I was working my way through the last one, 'The Girl that Kicked the Hornet's Nest', it struck me that I have been reading only intense and heavy for the past few weeks and it was time I took a break.

So I stopped, put down my book and picked up another one. This time a Dr Seuss classic, 'Green Eggs and Ham'. Just like that, the day seemed brighter, more cheerful, almost like I had stopped to smell the roses.

So I urge you to look at what you are reading and see if it is affecting your mood. Even if it is a great book, take a break from it, read a book meant for three-year olds, cheer up and then get back to your serious-and-gloomy-book. Trust me, you will feel the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment